Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mooloolah Quilters Open Day

Had a great day today.  I was invited to address a group of quilters who were gathered for the annual Mooloolah Quilters Open Day in the hinterland of the Sunshine Coast.  Mooloolah is a gorgeous sleepy little village, and I believe has a huge number of quilters per square mile!!

The idea behind the day is to have a quilt show when you're not having a quilt show!  They have a huge morning of show and tells, raffles, lucky door prizes etc and everyone is invited to attend and enjoy the gorgeous quilt eye candy and some yummy morning tea and lunch.

I gave my talk to a very attentive group of quilters who are always looking for interesting ways to indulge their passion.  I took some photos of the fabulous show and tell, and I'd like to share them with you.   

A Beautiful Blazing Star

 
This quilter assured us that she LOVED Owls and she had a number of owly quilts and things to show us.


I particularly liked this quilt made by Judy. 


Judy's Disappearing Nine Patch.
Would you believe this pattern is a  Disappearing Nine Patch.  I don't think I've ever seen such a terrific arrangement of this very easy block.  I think this block would make a great charity quilt.  Easy to cut, easy to sew.  Judy completed it using the Quilt as you Go Method.  Fabulous Judy!





No comments:

Post a Comment