Wednesday, September 19, 2012



Another busy week buzzes by, and I'm guessing it will be full steam ahead to the "x" time! I don't like to say that word until I simply can't avoid it!!

Was a busy bee yesterday. I attended the meeting of the Mountain Quilters Inc at Peachester a very pretty little village west of Brisbane. The girls made me feel very welcome and I had a lovely day. Members of the Mountain Quilters have been sewing for the Sunshine Linus group, and I wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone who has helped us thus far.

Lillian, Leone (birthday girls) and Glenys admiring the quilt tops.


Here are Anne and Lillian.  Lillian holds one of the many quilt tops she has made for Sunshine Linus and Anne holds a beautiful touchy Feely quilt that has been made for Senile Dementia patients.  Well done girls!



 

Elaine was very excited to show us her very first quilt, which she has made for her grandaughter. Most of the patterns have come from colouring in books. Well done Elaine.


Barb made a beauiful art quilt of a Sea Horse and was busting to show us the award it received recently.  I was most diserved - a beautiful piece, very well executed.


 
Here is a very proud Barb with her beautiful creation.


A close up of the beautiful beading on the
A beautiful Sea Horse by Barb - and it's a winner.

Of course I didn't come away empty handed.  I received 40 xray bags, some touchy feely quilts and some quilt tops.  Thankyou to Anne and Lillian, Glenda, Bonnie, Leone, Gladys, Elaine and Lorraine and all those other wonderful quilters who have contributed to the work we do at Sunshine Linus.  Your efforts are greatly appreciated.





No comments:

Post a Comment